If we consider Santa’s career – it has been traditional conveyor belt industry model of mass production. The distribution model is nowhere close to hi-tech, sleighs with reindeers!
Fortunately or unfortunately, Santa will have to embrace the new era of digitalisation to remain in business. Or consumers could turn to AI driven Santas. There is no more a linear career progression path, anymore. Business transformation is heavily data-driven, now, and is constantly evolving, it is of utmost importance for anyone aiming or sustaining at a career within the same, to be well versed with the latest industry trends and technological breakthroughs that will help monetisation of a business idea. Some ways of doing so:
- Following knowledgeable industry leaders or thought leaders on Twitter/ LinkedIn
- Joining future trend and related groups on LinkedIn
- Following influencers on LinkedIn
- Attending Meetups, events, conferences and seminars
- Connecting with peers within the industry
- Last but not the least (probably the most important) enrolling in MOOC (Massive Open Online Course)
- Updating the reading list and reading the books too 😉
As they say Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.